So yesterday we held a little birthday party to celebrate Boy2’s first year.
Lovely having a few friends and family over, I love any excuse to get people together. When life is so busy, it’s easy to let time pass you by.
We tried to keep the afternoon really simple, although I think my inner Ghanaian mother panicked about food provisions at the last minute and bought enough to feed an army. Ah well, we don’t mind eating quiche for the next week!
- Finger sandwiches for children – cheese, jam, ham
- Pizzas – cheese & tomato and pepperoni
- Veggy sticks – carrots and cucumber
- Chopped fruit – strawberries, kiwis and blueberries
- Ice cream
- Biscuits – Jammie Dodgers and party rings (of course)
- Wraps for grown ups
- Chicken pieces
- Pass the parcel (just a few rounds)
- Dancing in bubbles (great for babies and bigger kids)
- Sing along
Boy2 isn’t quite old enough to be ‘in to’ particular characters and I didn’t really want a colour theme, but Asda have a great selection of party ware at good prices too. We went for the cute jungle theme.We were able to get:
- Table cloth
- Party bag fillers
I even managed to pick up a jungle themed t shirt!
Finally, the cake!
I’m lucky the husband is creative and a great baker! He whipped up this bad boy which looked fantastic on the table.
We had a fantastic day and the boy did too. Think I’m still in denial that he’s one already.